Over 100,000 clinical studies
Glutathione and Anti-Aging
There are over 100,000 clinical studies on the benefits of glutathione and it really boils down to this, Master Antioxidant! Glutathione helps support the body at a cellular level by protecting it from the ravages of oxidative stress, free radicals, environmental exposures, effects of poor diet, drug/alcohol use, to name a few, and helps with appropriate mitochondrial function. This is super important because mitochondrial dysfunction can lead to damage to our DNA, and cell death.
Co-Q10 is also a powerhouse antioxidant that is essential to the output of ATP (our energy currency), and also supports mitochondrial health. As an antioxidant, Co-Q10 is highly protective and helps to neutralize and reduce free radical and oxidative damage to DNA. High concentrations of Co-Q10 are found in the heart, brain, liver, and kidneys and it is suggested that Co-Q10 is also protective of other body tissues such as eyes and nerves. Emerging science
reports that the protective qualities of Co-Q10 may also support an increased lifespan.
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone), even though not considered a vitamin, is an essential micronutrient. It is “essential” because your body cannot make its own so it must be brought in via dietary sources. Not only is PQQ a powerful antioxidant but it plays an important role in supporting the birth of new mitochondria. This is important because mitochondrial dysfunction is associated with poor health conditions. When it comes to our cellular health and vitality, the upregulation of new mitochondria helps to keep your cells young and strong.
- Pocernich CB, Butterfield DA. Elevation of glutathione as a therapeutic strategy in Alzheimer disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822(5):625-630. doi:10.1016/j.bbadis.2011.10.003
- Travica N, Ried K, Sali A, Hudson I, Scholey A, Pipingas A. Plasma Vitamin C Concentrations and Cognitive Function: A Cross-Sectional Study. Front Aging Neurosci. 2019;11:72. Published 2019 Apr 2. doi:10.3389/fnagi.2019.00072
- Travica N, Ried K, Sali A, Scholey A, Hudson I, Pipingas A. Vitamin C Status and Cognitive Function: A Systematic Review. Nutrients. 2017;9(9):960. Published 2017 Aug 30. doi:10.3390/nu9090960
- Waly MI, Al-Attabi Z, Guizani N. Low Nourishment of Vitamin C Induces Glutathione Depletion and Oxidative Stress in Healthy Young Adults. Prev Nutr Food Sci. 2015;20(3):198-203. doi:10.3746/pnf.2015.20.3.198
- Weschawalit S, Thongthip S, Phutrakool P, Asawanonda P. Glutathione and its antiaging and antimelanogenic effects. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017;10:147-153. Published 2017 Apr 27. doi:10.2147/CCID.S128339
- Huang Y, Chen N, Miao D. Effect and mechanism of pyrroloquinoline quinone on anti-osteoporosis in Bmi-1 knockout mice-Anti-oxidant effect of pyrroloquinoline quinone. Am J Transl Res. 2017;9(10):4361-4374. Published 2017 Oct 15.
- Ohwada K, Takeda H, Yamazaki M, et al. Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) Prevents Cognitive Deficit Caused by Oxidative Stress in Rats. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2008;42(1):29-34. doi:10.3164/jcbn.2008005
”Co-Q10 is also a powerhouse antioxidant which is essential the output of ATP, which is our engery currency.
What Our Customers Are Saying
One of the reasons I love the Almsbio Glutathione is that it’s blended with PQQ and Co-Q10 – all which work synergistically to support cellular health – and this is where every story of life begins. So, Glutathione, PQQ and Co-Q10 product from Almsbio is one of my go-to’s. Think, nourish, protect, birth, energize our cells in a way that supports the best health outcomes for you and me!Sandy Hamman, MSACN
I have found the Glutathione w/CoQ10 & PQQ to be the next best thing to Glutathione IV’s in helping me to manage my symptoms through a supplemental Mold detox protocol.Torren Szuluk
My wife and I have been using AlmsBio Glutathione MitoTherapy for a few years and we take it almost every day, especially during cold and flu season!Steven L. Fullerton